Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Big Girl

Almost 16 months now, Brielle's personality and spunk for life are coming alive. Some of her favorite things are:

1. Playing Piano - she loves getting a "lesson" from me...She points to my teacher chair that I have to sit in and then we open her book to a song which she promptly plays and then she claps for herself!
2. Exploring Outside - we try to spend a couple of hours outside each day if it's sunny and warm. She loves throwing balls, playing in the dirt, watering the flowers and walking with her cart in the middle of our street. Good thing we live on the quietest street in YC and maybe see about 10 cars drive by each day.
3. Wrestling with Dad - It takes Brie a few minutes to warm up to daddy when he gets home from work, but when she does they LOVE to wrestle, play hide-and-seek and anything else that is active and dare-devilish.
4. Trips to the Park - It's more fun to go on the weekends because we are usually the only ones there during the week, but we'll try to get there at least 1x per week. Brie loves the swing and slide, of course!
5. Food! This girl can pound food. I am already seeing a hit in the grocery bill...haha!! She out-eats both of us for breakfast and has a very good appetite still. I'm wondering if it will ever die down like it should in the toddler years??
6. Reading - she melts my heart when she gets out a book and pretends to read it. Her little voice is so cute and I can't wait for her to really start talking...wait, maybe I can wait?!
7. Babies - She knows each of her stuffed animals names (can't actually say them, but can point to them if I ask her where they are). She snuggles with them and likes to put them to bed at night before she goes to bed.
8. Brielle has said a few words so far, but she understands far more. She can point to everything in her room that we have named: pictures, wall, flowers, curtains, books, window, blanket, etc. Hard to believe how fast they pick up on things!
9. This girl can sleep! She still takes 2 naps each day (sometimes up to 4.5 hours total) and sleeps for 12 hours each night without fail. It's such a great feeling to know when we put her to bed at 7pm, we won't hear her until 7am.

Overseeing the delivery guys bringing in our new dining table and chairs
Finally we can fit more than 4 people at our table!
Loving her dinner
Showing off her tongue
Helping Daddy & Grandpa build our new gate/fence



Helping Daddy & Uncle Ben level the backyard

"Mom, should I push that thing?"
"Why, yes I think I will!"



We are having so much fun with her and as much work as it is, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Her hugs and kisses brighten my day and her energy keeps me going constantly!

No comments: