Saturday, October 22, 2011

All Things Baby

We're at the tail end of this pregnancy...15 days to go! The past few months have mostly been about getting ourselves baby-ready and wrapping our minds around the fact that EVERYTHING in our lives will change in a matter of moments. How can that be? Of course, we are thrilled, excited, anxious and all of those good emotions about having a baby, but a small part of me isn't exactly sure what the heck we're doing. But, I know we'll jump into our roles with no major problems and it will become such a natural thing that we will wonder what we did before kids.

I finished up working this past week and plan to go back in January. So, the next 2 weeks will be tackling getting meals made ahead of time and getting the house spick and span for the new little one. But first, we are spending the weekend in Lake Tahoe and soaking up our last bits of freedom and alone time! And...crossing our fingers that I don't go into labor up here. I'm showing early signs, but nothing to worry about!

Last month, I recruited Zach to take my pregnancy photos, mostly because I didn't feel up to getting all dressed up to see a professional photographer. I haven't even been able to find maternity jeans that fit right. So, I wear a lot of leggings and sweats, not the best look I want to remember. I think he did a pretty good job and our backyard is still beautiful, so it was the natural spot to capture my big belly.





My mom and mom-in-law threw us a family/couples shower earlier this month at Lake Wildwood. It was a really great day with all of our closest family and friends in the area. We ate some great BBQ grub, played volleyball and were very spoiled with wonderful gifts for Brielle.










I am completely in love with Brielle's nursery! We didn't want it too "girly" with all things pink, so we chose to keep it bright and clean with accents of a few different colors. I painted one wall with her name and a branch/bird/birdhouse picture and my mom made some beautiful green with white polk-a-dot curtains.

My mom working hard on sewing and ironing!
Zach working hard with the drill!





No comments: