Last week, my mom brought out my old baby book and calendar and it is probably one of the most sentimental, precious things in the world. She spent so much time documenting every stage of my development, every trip we took as a family in that first year and so many fun little tidbits that normally you would forget after 26 years. But, to have this information and see what kind of a baby I was is just so cool!
Apparently, I was a very good baby who slept well, ate well and didn't cause much trouble...that is, until I could finally walk! But, at least the baby part was easy-going and my mom appreciated that. Here are a few excerpts from it:
Monday, July 30 - "I was born today, 5 hours early and came out sucking my thumb!"
August 3 - "Came home from hospital today. Daddy, Andrew & Grandma Price came to get Mommy and me."
August 16 - "We left for Lake Tahoe this morning to visit the Price relatives. I slept the entire trip."
August 31 - "Tonight I sat in my swing for the 1st time. I always fall asleep when in there, I like to swing!"
September 7 - "Mommy sure is happy I started sleeping through the night this week. 4 nights in a row!"
September 17 - "I really am a happy baby. I have a smile for anyone who holds or talks to me. I love to smile and coo, too!"
October 22 - "I used to suck only my left thumb, but now I've started in on my right one, also. Mommy isn't sure which one I'm going to prefer."
December 6 - "I am still such a happy baby! Mommy says I hardly ever cry and I don't 'fuss' at all. She feels very fortunate to have such a doll!"
January 2 - "Last night we got home from San Diego after a wonderful Christmas. I am going to sleep in my big crib tonight for the 1st time."
January 12 - "I like to sit and watch Andrew while he plays and I love to laugh at him. He is fun and he loves to talk to me and holds me often."
February 14 - "My hair is finally beginning to come in - it's about 1/2 inch long and kind of sticks straight up - it's cute!"
February 24 - "Today after church, Daddy, Mommy, Andrew and I went on a bike ride. It was my 1st time and I rode on the back of Daddy's bike. We rode to the park and I loved it!"
March 5 - "Today Mommy took me to school to her Home Ec. class for Child Development. I got my diapers changed 4 times!"
April 2 - "Today I learned how to get back down after pulling up to stand at the coffee table, and I was so pleased, I practiced over and over."
April 29 - "My latest trick is to drop toys and watch Mommy pick them up. I have to make sure Mommy gets plenty of exercise!"
May 11 - "Today my right top center incisor tooth broke through. Now I have 6 teeth!"
June 27 - "I love to climb! Today I climbed into the small rocking chair, and was so very proud of myself! I also like to climb up to sit in Andrew's doggie chair. Then I stand up by myself to walk to Mama - 2 or 3 steps alone!"
July 12 - "Today my cousins came to Gma Price's house to swim with Andrew and me in San Diego. We had lunch and I just love going in the water!"
July 25 - "Mommy thinks I am getting to be a picky eater. I spit out what I don't like and drop a lot of food over the edge of the high chair if I don't want it. But I do love cheese!"
July 30 - "One year old today!"






I'll need to feature Zach's 1st year in the next post!
No comments:
Post a Comment