Sunday, May 22, 2011

Oops...has a month and a half already gone by since I've posted something? Sorry Grandma! I know you're our most faithful follower and I promise to be better at updating you and everyone else on our life.

Well, let's see. We have been busier than we would like to be with work, soccer and softball leagues for Zach, family get togethers, baby planning, house projects, etc. But as usual, there are no complaints here. We are enjoying the warm weather and all that brings. Our yard is looking green and colorful and the vegetable plants have shot up!

I am now almost 16 weeks along and feeling pretty good. I have days where the nausea comes back, but for the most part I can control that with eating consistently. I was never a "snacker" before, just always ate my 3 meals a day and dessert at the end. So, it's weird to now have to eat mid morning and mid afternoon (and many times in between). I'm beginning to run out of ideas of things to eat because usually once I have them one time, they don't sound good again for quite a long time. I would have to say overall, I don't love being pregnant. I hate being uncomfortable, but I know 9 months is a small price to pay for finally having a child in the end!

We are going to find out the sex on Friday, May 27th and we are SO excited! Someone recently told me of a fun way to do a "gender reveal" (but I can't remember for the life of me who did, so if it was you please let me know so I can give you credit!). At our appt, we are going to tell the doctor to not tell us what it is and instead write it down on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope. Then, we're taking that to a friend who will make us 2 dozen cupcakes and inside put a little swirl of pink or blue food coloring, depending on what we're having. On Sunday, the 29th, we'll have a bunch of family over and all break open our cupcakes and find out at the same time what it will be! It'll be hard to wait those two days knowing that a couple people know and we don't, but it will be so fun to find out with everyone there. I have a hunch it's a girl and Zach thinks a boy (typical), so we will see!

Baby Bump @ 12 Weeks

Dirt Before
Grass After

We celebrated my nieces' birthdays on May 14th.
Elka is now 4 and Liv turned 1!
Hard to believe!







1 comment:

Jaymie davis said...

I'm so excited for you guys !!! Having children is the best thing in the whole world !! Can't wait to hear what the sex is. I don't know how you'll be able to wait 2 days !!! You're more patient than me :)