Sunday, June 3, 2012

Memorial {Work} Day

Progress Update: All bedrooms and hallway are primed and ready for paint. Today Zach is priming the front living room. Can't wait to get our paint colors on! Our goal for this house is to have a rustic country light airy feel about it (basically shabby chic, but that's so overused so I didn't want to use it...but I did). Here are some inspiration pictures...




The colors in our current house are brown, yellow, green and red...so very opposite! Hopefully we can sell our stuff and acquire new stuff and stick within the budget!

We had an awesome work day on Monday with lots of family help. I think we had close to 20 able bodies working away. Biggest jobs completed were power washing the exterior, washing windows, getting electrical re-wired and laying plastic/paper on all the hardwood floors to get ready for paint.

We are still trying to have a life (oh, and take care of the little one), so we might slow down on progress in the next couple weeks due to weddings, birthday parties, etc. But, we are just so happy to be moving forward!

Pics from Memorial Day...

Grammy & Papa working hard
The dirtiest job!
Love them!
Proud Homeowners!
Work that sprayer!
Confusing job...glad I'm not an electrical expert
Laying Paper/Plastic
"Now what to do?"
Teamwork!!
My Baby Doll
Dolhouse foundation and placement complete! Thanks Engineer Andrew & Zach

No comments: