My sister-in-law is also turning 30 in one month. She compliments Andrew in so many ways and it is always a fun time being with them. So, my younger bro (Kevin), Zach and I all wanted to do something special for them to celebrate this monumental birthday. Andrew is a die-hard Oakland A's fan and Whitney and Zach are very dedicated Giants fans (although they probably couldn't compete with Drew's commitment to the A's). It was tough deciding whether to take them to an A's game or Giants game, but ultimately the decision came down to which stadium/city was better. And of course, San Francisco won.
We had a very busy day and the fun part was everything was a surprise for them (except for the game, they knew about that). We started off driving to San Francisco via the cute and quaint town of Sausalito. I have never seen better weather in SF. Absolutely no fog and about 88 degrees....perfect. We strolled along Sausalito's boardwalk, spitting sunflower seeds and taking pictures. As we got back in the car and continued our drive towards the Golden Gate Bridge, we heard a siren behind us. Like a good citizen, Zach pulled over and realized we were the culprits of something! He definitely wasn't speeding and we had no clue why we got pulled over. Officer Gregory came to our window and informed us that our back passenger (Kevin) had thrown something out the window. With a very confused and sarcastic tone, Kevin said, "What...sunflower seeds?" I think Office Gregory was a bit taken back because she tried to act very authoritative but probably was thinking, "oh shut, that was it? what do I do now?" She still ran driver's licenses and gave us a small lecture about littering, but luckily Kevin got off with just a warning. Otherwise, it would have been a $1,000 fine!
So off we went over the Golden Gate Bridge and into the city. We had a nice lunch at the Franciscan crab restaurant, then booked it over to the Stadium in time for the 2nd inning. Unfortunately, the game was quite boring, with very few hits from both teams. But we still enjoyed the ambience of the beautiful stadium and views of the Harbor.
After the game, we headed to the Vacaville outlets for a quick shopping trip. I never understand outlets, it seems like they rarely have better prices than the real store! You would think they would have major discounts and off-season clothes. But no. We then headed to Chevy's on the River in Sac. I love this restaurant and it's always a plus to have a riverfront view! I think they've turned the restaurant into a night club...it was hopping and I was taken back to good old college days! One of the best parts of the day was we had invited Whitney's whole family and our parents to the dinner as well. So, all 18 of us had a great time catching up over a good meal.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DREW AND WHIT!! We love you guys.

No comments:
Post a Comment