Thursday, July 22, 2010

Running is all mental.

Even though I didn't pull off the 1/2 marathon, I am still proud of myself for running 10k's today. My deadline to run it was tomorrow (Friday) and I woke up this morning on Thursday and knew today was the day! I know I'm making this a big deal - people run 6+ miles everyday, but you have to understand and I have NEVER ran more than 5 miles in my life at one time. And that was at our annual school jog-a-thon when I was like 10 and had unending amounts of energy.

Zach was very supportive and started running with me, but then raced ahead and finished the same route a good 25 minutes before me. (Thanks, babe, for showing me up) But, he did have water, a banana and a power bar ready for me when I finally strolled in.

Surprisingly, it was actually pretty easy. And it really is all about the mental attitude! I knew I could do it and never doubted myself along the way, which was most of the battle. So I don't know what's next (except a week off of running)...and hopefully someday soon I can do a 1/2 marathon.


No comments: