Sunday, March 7, 2010

A newspaper article, kangaroos and a day trip - fun week!

Here is the link to the article that was written about us and the picture that was included in the paper. We tried out a church today in the area and 2 different people recognized us and said, "Aren't you the couple from the article?" It was a good way to meet people!

Zach & Amber Article



Zach and I had a fun week. We took a day trip to Gladstone on Thursday and explored more of that area. For Valentine's Day (mentioned in a previous blog post), we had dinner with Grammy & Papa at a nice hotel restaurant. Well, the waitress gave us a card for a free bottle of wine if we came back within the next month. We figured we had to use it, so we went back to the restaurant for lunch and ordered an appetizer and a great bottle of Chardonnay. After dreaming about our lives together and talking about how we would run a restaurant if we had one (something we often do when we eat out), we headed down to the beach/marina area. We saw dolphins in the bay and a pretty waterfall. We also visited the Salvation Army and picked up a cassette tape of Amy Grant. Oh, what memories from childhood! I'm trying to find a guitar at a secondhand store, but no luck yet.



Check out my aboriginal drawings. We would love a huge piece of this art for our house someday, but it's very pricey to buy here. So, I figure if I get good enough, no one will know who really painted it! Yah, I wish...




Last night, we hung out at the beach before dinner. On our way down, we saw about 6 kangaroos grazing in an empty lot. One mama had a little Joey in her pouch - so cute!






We love to hear from family and friends back home! You can email us at azmilner@gmail.com or if you have skype, our username is zach.amber.milner.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get a good photo of your Aboriginal Art to Marinda and I bet she could duplicate it. It is great. Love you--Aunt Michele