Monday, March 1, 2010

Still Kicking...

Today is Monday, March 1st. Gosh, is it really March already? 1.5 months down, 7 to go (well, at least 7 that we know of). Zach and I had a fun day today. We've been eating extremely healthy breakfasts since we've been here. Every morning without fail, we have an egg, toast with peanut butter and honey/jam, and a huge bowl of yogurt, granola and at least 3 fruits. So we started our day out with that, then did light cleaning around the house - because we had visitors coming today! Last week, we were contacted by a journalist at the Gladstone Observer (local newspaper) who had come across our blog online. She wanted to meet us and interview us about our adventures! I had been looking forward to it all weekend and we had a great time meeting Kerri-Anne and her photographer this morning. We talked about our trip and had a few pictures taken. I'll post the article link once it's out.

After the interview, Zach and I treated ourselves to lunch at The Coffee Club, then drove to different areas of Tannum that we hadn't been to before. There's a great view/lookout at the top of one of the hills that overlooks the beaches and coastline. It was beautiful. We went by the visitors center and got a bunch of brochures of surrounding places to visit. We should be busy here in the next few weeks seeing different sites!

~ Overlooking Tannum Sands Beach ~





This afternoon has been relaxing. I designed two flyers for us to post around town. One for piano lessons and one for private soccer lessons. Not sure if we'll get anything from it, but it's worth a try. We went by 2 more stores today and of course got the "We aren't hiring at the moment, thanks." Oh well...



On the dinner menu this week:
- Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Lamb Stew
- Chipotle Bowls (home-made)
- Kangaroo & Pasta Salad
- Pizza (our one night to go out)
- Carne con Chile
- Spaghetti & Meatballs

We're definitely eating good! And here are my cookies I made this weekend in addition to cheesecake that's in the fridge! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Its so fun to read your blog! sounds like an awesome adventure :) I bet it feels really good to slow down life and enjoy each moment- so fun!!! Hope you get some great piano students! :)

Amber and Zach said...

Thanks Ang! I got a piano student this week. 9 year old girl - she cute and very smart! I'm sure you're as busy as ever with your two little guys. Give them hugs for me!