Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Life Lately

Lots of work and play have been filling up our days lately. I'm starting to feel the countdown crunch of getting everything done before baby boy joins us. I have hardly touched his nursery, but have grand plans of getting that done in the next month. First, is building a built-in desk/craft area in our dining room to free up his room which is currently the office. Luckily, newborns really don't need that much, so I have a few months after he's born to finish it.

We are SO close to having the backyard done. The grass grew in beautifully and does wonders to the look of everything. Our garden is growing and we are getting some fun activity areas in place for Brie.

 Zucchini, Cucumber & Tomatoes
Hot and Mild Peppers
 Soon to be swing set and sandbox out in the distance for the kiddos (probably a next summer job)

 Loving our grass!
 My flower and lounge patio





I love doing before and after shots of things...makes me glad we worked so hard to get where we are. Here is the backyard when we bought the house and what it is now...


We've spent a lot of weekends at Lake Wildwood this last month and Brielle is becoming quite the water lover. She is getting more confident in the pool and loves to swim around in her tube and jump off the side.








We have some fun trips planned this summer. This week, Brie and my mom and I are driving to San Diego for 5 days. Then we have a Messer family wedding in Morro Bay, which are always tons of fun! After that, we're off to Tahoe for the 4th of July and then a Fort Bragg camping trip at the end of July. A couple weeks later, we'll welcome our new little guy! 

No comments: