Friday, July 8, 2011

Independence Day {Weekend}

5 Picture-Perfect Days Spent in Lake Tahoe = Magical!!

There is something so special about this part of the country. It completely rejuvenates me. I don't know if it's because of the tradition and comfort of coming here for the past 27 years or if it's the simple fresh air and beautiful surroundings, but I am truly in heaven when I'm at Tahoe.

My grandparents have a beautiful home on the South Shore Keys with quick access to the lake, tennis courts, pools, biking, hiking...you name it, it's there. I never just want to relax when I'm there because of all the activities available. And even though I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant, I still managed to hike, bike, play tennis, go boating and of course shop at the outlets! It was a busy weekend!


Emerald Bay
Famous Tahoe Queen
Hiking to Eagle Falls - there is so much water this year in all the rivers and lakes and the falls were no exception! It was huge!

Lower Eagle Falls


Upper Falls
Not sure how this tree grew with its roots hanging out??
We hadn't seen my Uncle Dave & Aunt Michelle in about 2 years, so it was great to catch up and spend time with them. On Saturday, Zach and Dave went golfing in Genoa, Nevada while the rest of us hung around the beach. Sunday we caught the end of a jazz festival at Pope Beach and were glad we avoided the crowded beach that day!





We also had a fun time with cousins Jenn, Andy, Loie and Meelah. The girls are getting so big and at a fun age.


As I reflect on this past weekend and what it means for our country, I am reminded of how truly fortunate we are to live in a place where we have the freedoms we do. Even though times may be tough for a lot of people, we can still focus on the things that matter - a home, job, food on the table and most importantly each other.

Happy 4th!!!

No comments: