Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Anticipation...

I love the holidays. Other than summertime when there's sunshine and my birthday, the holiday months are my favorite. There's not one certain thing in particular, but rather a combination of things that make it special. Aromas like homemade cider and pumpkin spice lattes, pulling out the stored away decoarations, holiday parties, and gorgeous yellow, orange and red leaves falling to the ground are all things that I have seemed to be more appreciative of this year.

This is the first year in my life that I will celebrate Christmas in my hometown while I actually live here. Growing up, we packed up the car and drove to San Diego EVERY year without fail. When I lived in San Diego for 7.5 years, I would sometimes come back to Yuba City, but never felt like I lived here or had a home to belong to since most of my family had moved out of the area. Now...it's all different. Zach and I have created a home here this past month which I am proud of to share with family and friends for the holidays. Even though Yuba City was not my first choice of places to live, I have developed a new fondness for this town. To me, it seems like we've moved to a new place that I have never really lived in before...but it's nice because I know how to get around and where things are! But we really don't know many people here anymore which makes for new opportunities to meet people and experience new things. I am more than thrilled.

No comments: