Friday, March 21, 2008

WE'RE ENGAGED!

Thursday, February 14 - Valentine's Day...Zach picked me up from work and we drove to La Jolla where we had dinner reservations at Roponggi Sushi Restaurant. On the way, he had brought our memory box where we store everything that has to do with "us"....cards, tickets to concerts, wine corks, etc. We went through everything and reminisced about our relationship. It was really sweet.













We arrived quite early to dinner, so we decided to head down to the beach. The only thing was that it was raining and not ideal weather for walking around in a dress and heels. Nevertheless, Zach talked me into it and just as we were heading towards the cliffs, the sun broke through the clouds and it stopped raining. We headed towards a large grass area and a woman was standing there with a camera. Zach asked her to take our picture and just as she was about to hand the camera back he asked her to keep it and take a few more. Before I knew it, he was on his knees asking me to marry him. It was so surreal and the sunset was absolutely gorgeous!
Obviously, I said YES!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zach and Amber,
I can't wait till the wedding.
I'm so excited to be in my dress.
I love you guys sooo much and i can't wait to be your sister, Amber! You guy are the very best and I know you guys will be so happy together!We Love U!
See you at graduation!Lizzie

Anonymous said...

IT'S ME,AGAIN.ZACH,I AM SO LUCKY TO BE YOUR SISTER AND I KNOW YOU AND AMBER WILL BE SO HAPPY TOGETHER.I LOVE YOU GUYS!SEE YOU IN AUGUST!
LOVE YOUR SISTER,
LIZZIE