Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our Story ~ How We Met

Zach and I both grew up in the same small town in Northern California. We were literally next door to each other everyday, but didn't know it. He lived on the same corner as my elementary school and I swear I remember hearing kids on the other side of the fence playing...probably him and his brothers! However, our paths never crossed in Yuba City.

At 18, I moved down to San Diego to attend PLNU. After graduating, I moved in with two girlfriends from college and was living a great work-oriented and fun single life. Zach had also moved to San Diego to attend SDSU. He was working at a drive-thru coffee shop near my house...but we still had never run into each other.

Meanwhile, my mom moved to a community in Penn Valley and met Zach's aunt playing tennis. They quickly became friends and of course, shared the same idea that Zach and I definitely needed to meet down in San Diego.

After a couple weeks of coaxing me to visit the coffee shop where Zach worked, I finally took some friends and "checked the place out." Much to my surprise, Zach was very nice (and nice-looking:), but we didn't officially meet at that time.

I called my mom and congratulated her on picking out a "decent" guy that she didn't even know. (Little did I know that he would turn out to be an amazing man who would one day be my husband. :) So...my phone number was given to Zach's aunt, Michele, who quickly passed it onto Zach. He ended up calling me that night and we talked all week. We decided to meet up for dinner the next week....and folks, the rest is history.

No comments: